PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
• Monday May 20th: Annual meeting followed by “Diary of a PoW at Springhill Camp” - a talk by Carol Jackson of Campden and District Historical & Archaeological Society (CADHAS).
• Monday July 15th: Visit to Avoncroft Museum of Buildings—details to follow.
• Friday September 20th, 6.30pm-8pm: The Society’s Annual Reception.
• Monday October 21st “Campden Alms Houses: the first 400 years” - Talk by Judith Ellis, chairman of CADHAS and instrumental in setting up the Community Archive there.
• Monday November 25th “William Morris and the Cotswolds” - Talk by Mary Greensted, freelance curator, writer and lecturer.
• Monday January 27th 2014 “Searching for Laurence Johnson” - Talk by Graham Pearson, curator at Hidcote Manor Garden.
• Thursday February 24th 2014: “Local Prisoner of War Camps” - Talk by Robin Dale, local farmer with a strong interest in researching the history of PoW camps in Blockley, Bourton-on-the-Hill and Snowshill.
• Monday March 24th 2014: “History of Ditchley Park” - Talk by Col. Mike Montague, bursar of the Ditchley Foundation; Winston Churchill visited the Park during the Second World War.• Monday April 28th 2014: “Blockley’s Clerical Curiosities” - Jeremy Bourne recounts some of the more eccentric goings-on of our parish priests over the centuries.
External expeditions are limited to 25 members.
Other walks, and Blockley talks, by arrangement with Robert Willott (700677)
Enquiries to Robert Willott (700677) and Laurie Clayton (701528)
Copyright © 2013 Blockley Heritage Society